Forums | Home Repair | Home Improvement | Painting | Interior Decorating | Remodeling | Landscaping

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #1

Share |

adding foam bd insulation to attic wall (fire code)

I have a large space of wall in my garage attic that probably introduces a lot of heat to the living room.

I want to add some insulation to the attic side of the wall over the ply, but it seems that just putting up foam board is not sufficient to fire code...

The foam board needs to be covered with ply or paneling or drywall or something to shield it from fire exposure. So...if I also wanted to use a radiant barrier

??? would i need to put the R6 foam board over the existing osb then 1/4 panel over the foam board then 1 inch furring strips over the panel upon which would be the RB, or does the RB also need to be enclosed in the 1/4 panel wall???
park9472 is offline   Reply With Quote