Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-21-2011, 02:56 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Adding cross beams

I have an 18' x 30' stand alone garage attached to a cement foundation that I want to pick up and move back 15' over a newly poured foundation. It is currently unfinished and not yet wired for electricity. It has a pitched roof without any cross beams. I would like to add cross beams to start working on the structural support needed for the "pick-up and move". I'm wondering what the best way to go about putting in cross beams to span the 18' length. These will eventually support a ceiling, but not much more than that. Thanks for any assistance.

lmick is offline   Reply With Quote