Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-15-2012, 03:27 PM   #1

Share |

10x10 Run In Shed/Barn for a horse

Hey there, well i am planning to build a 10x10 run in shed for my horse. I have no idea what it is going to cost, i need to get an approximate cost to split the cost with the horses other owner. Ok, the shed will not have a floor because, mats will be put it in. i want it to be about 10 feet tall also.... maybe a tin roof with two windows on two of the side windows..... on one of the side windows i also want a tack room on the exteritor of the 10x10 shed that is about 4x10 feet, same length and height of the barn. The door opening should be about 5-6 feet no doors..... I also need something to put on the walls, whatever you reccomend. I also need included in the price, the materials...... hinges, screws,ect..... I have been pesting my daad to help me figure all this out but he hasnt made any time or has even attempted to make time so i got a little angry and decided if i wanted something done and done right, i needed to take things in my own hands... Thanks alot guys!!
Emily

EmilyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:25 PM   #2

You're probably not gonna get anyone to put together an estimate for you here. I don't know where you live, but around here there are a bunch of places selling prefab run in sheds. Your best bet is to stop by one of those places and get a quote to give an idea.

Then you can also take a look at the construction and see if you want to attempt to build it yourself and price out the materials at HD.

They also have some nice run ins with tack room attached. I'd probably skip windows in the horse's part of the shed though...

Good luck!

LVDIY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #3

Why not just go with a simple carport metal building with a storage area at the back.
No foundation.
Assembled in one day.
No maintaince.
joecaption is offline   Reply With Quote