Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Building & Construction

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 06-29-2011, 02:44 PM   #1

Share |

10 x 20 slab

patiocrew.com says their concrete slab requirement is a 4 inch slab but rialtoca.gov says i need footers 16 x 16 x 12.my question is whats the real answer for a footing for alumawood patio cover.

xspeed65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #2

Location: Minneapolis/St. Paul, Minnesota - Latitude 45.057 Longitude -93.074

10 x 20 slab

I does not seem to male sense, so I would talk to your city code/inspection people to see if that applies to a slab. They may have a requirement for a thickend edge if you are placing some lightly loaded posts on the slab. Most cities will have design/installation suggestions to make everything easier and clear.

There are model codes(IBC, IRC, etc.) that states and municpalities adopt. Since they are just minimum standards (the worst you can do and not be put in jail for), but the locality has the authority for tighter requirements, usually based on local conditions (soil, weather, wind, seismic, snow etc.).

If it is a suppliers requirement, you will have absolutely no guarantees if it is not installed to their standards.

Who is getting the permit?

Dick

concretemasonry is online now   Reply With Quote