DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Zinsco breaker boxes and breakers.

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  joasis 
#1 ·
hey, have any of you guys had any run ins with Zinsco or Sylvania breakers and panels? i posted last week about an ac unit that wasn't drawing enough power ( 240 but was only drawing 120). Well I found out that the left pole was only juicing 64.3v...the right side was ok. So i went out to check the main breaker box (Zinsco) and the 2 pole 100 amp breaker was partially welded onto the contact pole. managed to pry it off....did alittle research online adn it turns out that have Zinsco breakers are very...very bad. cases of overloads etc. not tripping the breaker or breaker tripping but still feeding main lines...bad arcing and breakers getting fused to contact......so that brings me to my question....since the Zinsco breaker is only feeding the box inside, I'm safe right?? i mean if something goes wrong the inside breakers should trip??? The inside box is a GE unit. The Zinsco unit is on the outside.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.