Zephaire Double Convection Oven - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-20-2011, 02:52 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Zephaire Double Convection Oven

I purchased a Blodgett Double Convection Oven for my bakery. Problem is, It bakes some things properly, but things like cookies and cakes, the air pulls them off the pan practically. My question is, can I put a piece of sheet metal over the fan and just use it as a regular oven, or would that damage the oven.

It is single phase, 230 volt oven. I also wondered if an electrician could disconnect the fan and it still work?

I called the company, but of course they told me I should not alter the oven in any way and should just get a different one. Don't have an extra 5 grand sitting around unfortunately.

Thanks for any suggestions

Advertisement

shipcord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:33 AM   #2
" Euro " electrician

Rewards Points: 2,000

Can you post the model number I am sure someone will have a idea to deal with this.

Most convention oven I know some have differnt function switch build into the program so you may have to find which function switch that will shut the fan off.

The only time the fan can not be shut off if the heating element is part of the fan assambly unit.

So again post the model number one of us will able assit you on that.

Merci,
Marc

Note if this is a real commercal grade oven here is a tip.,,

If light stuff or liquid stuff go in the oven here what you do .,

The fan have to stay on for heating purpose so once you set it up to the cooking tempture as the list call for then turn the fan switch off the heat in the oven will hold it for a while { useally 5 to 7 min } then turn on for rest of the baking time.

Try that to see if that trick work on ya.

{ I learn that from one of my freind he is good deaf chef so he told me a tip some time back }

Advertisement

Last edited by frenchelectrican; 09-21-2011 at 01:54 AM. Reason: add a tip
frenchelectrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:25 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

My unit is a Zephaire E single speed model.

Thanks for the reply
shipcord is offline   Reply With Quote