Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 11-02-2008, 05:23 PM   #1

Share |

wirring garage

im thinking on running 4 flouresent lights togetther on one circuit with 14/2. Im thinking on running 6 recepticales on two different circuits with 14/2. Should i go with 12/2 or am i fine?

lineman08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:41 PM   #2

wirring garage

Do you mean running 6 receptacles on each circuit or 3 on each. 14/2 would be fine as long as your running off a 15amp circuit. I would run more than 3 receptacles off of 1 circuit if that is what you meant. 6 would still be safe. You might want to think about running some 20amp receptacles if you are going to be using many power tools and such. Are you going to put in any 220v outlets for welders, compressor and such?

MikeVila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 05:58 PM   #3

wirring garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVila View Post
Do you mean running 6 receptacles on each circuit or 3 on each. 14/2 would be fine as long as your running off a 15amp circuit. I would run more than 3 receptacles off of 1 circuit if that is what you meant. 6 would still be safe. You might want to think about running some 20amp receptacles if you are going to be using many power tools and such. Are you going to put in any 220v outlets for welders, compressor and such?
i was thinking of 3 recepticles on one circuit. dont need alot just isolating half of the garage. half the garage(3 receps) on one cicuit. The other half (3 receps)on another. then the garage lights on their own (4 flouresents)
Old 11-02-2008, 07:15 PM   #4

wirring garage

Yeah while I was already doing it though I would go ahead and put a few extras in or at least 1 double gang receptacle box on each side. Good luck and be safe.
MikeVila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:17 PM   #5

wirring garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVila View Post
Yeah while I was already doing it though I would go ahead and put a few extras in or at least 1 double gang receptacle box on each side. Good luck and be safe.
thank you .ill do that