DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Wiring switch/recept/light switch help

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  MLayden 
#1 · (Edited)
Wiring switch/recept/light/recept help

Hey guys - need some help. I had this all figured out when I ran the wires, but can't make sense of it now 3 months later...can someone run through how I need to configure this so it all works??

Many thanks :thumbup:

Text Line Diagram Parallel Font

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey guys - need some help. I had this all figured out when I ran the wires, but can't make sense of it now 3 months later...can someone run through how I need to configure this so it all works??

Many thanks :thumbup:

View attachment 57224
How do you want it to work? Everything hot all the time? Everything switched? Can I assume the receptacles are to be hot all the time and the light switched? Why do you have a 3 wire going to the light?

#4 ·
Switch box

Wirenut the red from the 14/3 and a pigtail to the incomming power. Tie pigtail to switch. Tie black from 14/3 to other side of switch. Wirenut neutrals.

First receptacle.
Wirenut The black from the 3 wire to the black going to the light. Wire the red from the 3 wire to the receptacle. Wire the black from the second receptacle to the receptacle. Wirenut neutrals and hook to receptacle as required.

Second receptacle and light.

Wire as per black to hot white to neutral.

Remember to tie in grounds as needed.

Reactions: MLayden
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.