DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   wiring run under eave crawl space (

tisitis 01-07-2011 10:09 AM

wiring run under eave crawl space
I need to run a 220 line from my in house panel to a wall oven we just installed. It requires a 20 amp 220 breaker, 12 gauge wire. I have opened up a 220 breaker slot on my panel with the recent install of a tankless gas water heater. If ok, I would want to run a line from the wall oven up into the under eave space above and along this space then down to the panel. I also am thinking 10 gauge wire for this run still using the 20 amp 220 breaker. Is this an acceptable run. The house box outside has a breaker 50 amp previously used for a wall oven which could be changed out, but I don't like the idea of a breaker for this on the outside.

J. V. 01-07-2011 10:22 AM

As long as this cable is run inside, you are good to go. I would not dismiss the outside box. If its closer and easier to fish the cable to or from I would consider using it with a 20 amp breaker. If the breaker outside is wired and runs to the spot you want to use for the wall oven, you can use the 50 amp wire on a 20 amp breaker.

tisitis 01-08-2011 05:01 PM

Thank you for your reply. I could use that spot on the outside panel. I would still need to run new cable because the existing cable would be difficult to reroute. The new run from the outside panel would require drilling in through the brick exterior, through the back side of a couple of existing cabinets to the wall oven. It would be a much shorter run, probably easier too. Do you see any problems with this idea?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:01 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1