Wiring Remote Controlled Ceiling Fan Wiring Question - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 04-02-2014, 06:29 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

wiring remote controlled ceiling fan wiring question

Hi i have a quick question about a ceiling fan i installed yesterday. I replaced an older model fan with a new model with a receiver and remote. the electrical box in the ceiling had a black wire, a ground wire, a red wire and a white. the black wire was constant power and red was power from the single wall switch to the fixture. i wanted use of the wall switch as well as the remote with the new fan so i capped the constant black wires and used the red as power. everything seems to work good now except when i turn off the new fan/light with the wall switch the fan makes a fairly audable click. when i flick the switch to the on position everything turns on with no noise. is this something to be concerned about? I am kind of thinking the click is from cutting power to the receiver in the fan and i know a typical instalation for this type of fan uses constant power.... Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

mattalbert is offline   Reply With Quote