Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #1

Share |

Wiring question for camper

Hello,

I am double-checking to refresh my memory. I have two posts that I need to add electric receptacles for campers on my campground, and I have one light pole that I want to add light and one 110v receptacle for a pop-up camper or one that require only 110v power (20amp).

Post #1 is exactly 210 feet away from electric box (panel) so I will need #8 underground wire for 30amp, correct? What about 110v/20amp underground wire? #12? #10?

Post #2 is exactly 240 feet away. #8 again for 30amp and 12 for 110v?

The light pole is 330' away so this is the length I will need to set up for one 110v/20amp receptacle and then add probably 30' on top of it for amber night light. What # of wire do I use for this?

I am just trying to get right wiring info so I can calculate the price before I can propose "ballpark price" to my family prior to getting licensed electrician to help install. I have installed electric for my campground on family property last year with no trouble (used licensed electrican and worked under his supervisor/inspection). I paid for it last year and now campground is starting to show some promising so my family agreed to pitch in to finish the other half.

Many thanks for replying!

wkheathjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #2

Why not just let the electrician quote the complete job? Your price and his will not be the same.

J. V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:46 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. V. View Post
Why not just let the electrician quote the complete job? Your price and his will not be the same.

Because I buy the materials and install everything myself. I just tell him what I will do and show him the supplies. Once I have his approval, he goes to get the permit for me in his name and I do the whole work. Then when I am done, I call him first for inspection. When he is satisfied, he calls the inspector himself. Then he charges me $400 for using his license.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #4

Please disregard.. got the answer.. thanks!