Wiring A New Track Pendant Light Fixture - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 03-29-2010, 10:16 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Wiring a new track pendant light fixture

I'm installing a new pendant track lighting fixture in to an unused electrical box in the ceiling with an unused switch. In the box, there's 1 red, 2 black, and 2 white wires capped seperately by color. There's also a bare copper wire attached to the green screw for ground.

On the light fixture however, there's a black, white, and green/yellow wire (x 3 since there are 3 lights). Which colors from the fixture do I attach to the red/black/white wires in the box? And does the green/yellow wires attach to the green screw along with the bare copper wire that's already there?

Thanks

Advertisement

achettiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 02:26 PM   #2
Master Electrician

Rewards Points: 500

Wiring a new track pendant light fixture

Well if the elctrician that wired it did his job right then the the white should go to the whites in teh box( carefull with this though as some guys will use the the whites as a return from the switch and not mark them hot). Most likely i would think that the red is probably your switch leg. You'll have to test it and see if it comes on and off with the switch. black goes to switch leg white to white and the yellow green wire goes to ground.

Advertisement

andrew79 is offline   Reply With Quote