Wiring My Condenser Fan To My Central Air Unit - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

wiring my condenser fan to my central air unit

I recently bought a new condenser fan (GemTech mod#GTC33-1SP2). I'm having trouble wiring it to my a/c unit. The wires are different colors than the old fan and the diagram is a little confusing...I have two brown wires that the diagram says goes to the capasitor, does it matter which brown wire goes where on the capasitor? After that it leaves a yellow wire and a black wire, the diagram says these go to the line....? Now I have one black coming off of the unit (which was wired to a red on the old motor) and I had an orange on the old motor going to a terminal. Is this where my yellow goes, to the terminal? and black to black?

Advertisement

45lonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:52 AM   #2
I=E/R

Rewards Points: 1,000

wiring my condenser fan to my central air unit

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45lonnie View Post
I recently bought a new condenser fan (GemTech mod#GTC33-1SP2). I'm having trouble wiring it to my a/c unit. The wires are different colors than the old fan and the diagram is a little confusing...I have two brown wires that the diagram says goes to the capasitor, does it matter which brown wire goes where on the capasitor? After that it leaves a yellow wire and a black wire, the diagram says these go to the line....? Now I have one black coming off of the unit (which was wired to a red on the old motor) and I had an orange on the old motor going to a terminal. Is this where my yellow goes, to the terminal? and black to black?
Brown wires go to capacitor terminals - doesn't matter which way.
Line means the wires connect to the 240V connections. Your description above sounds correct.

Advertisement

a7ecorsair is offline   Reply With Quote