DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

wiring diagram help

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  joed 
#1 ·
I'm installing some lights outside of my garage. I was hoping someone could help me verify this is the best way to wire with what I intend to do.

Two switches part of 4-gang box in garage. Running to junction box in center of one Wall. From that junction box, switch 1 controls two lights. Power also proceeds from the junction box to another junction box (on right in picture) In this box I will splice to UF-B cable to outside light which is controlled by switch 2.

I have some extra 12/3 laying around and I am hoping to use less 12/2 because I also need it elsewhere. I figured could save some some wiring and run 12/3 to the center junction box. Also, the reason I'm not making any splices in light boxes is because I'm using Siding blocks with build-in electrical boxes and fill capacity is only 6.7cu.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
After thinking about this more, I don't think I am able to do this because the 2 hots would be sharing the neutral but are on the same leg. The only way to do this would be to install tandem breaker/circuit, but I wanted these lights to be on the same circuit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.