Wiring Blower For Dust Control - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-03-2010, 09:30 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

wiring blower for dust control

I am into woodworking and am now building a woodworking workshop. Info I need now would include how to wire a blower that I got out of an old mobile home. It is a Coleman 6806A590, it has 3 wires, a white, red and blue, on the unit it says the white is common of course, the red it LO, and the blue is HI. I assume I would apply power to the red for low speed and to the blue for hight speed, or to both the blue and red for high speed. Now what voltages do I use at each wire? What I want to do is draw air in through filters at on end of the shop and blow it through a duct to the other side of the shop, to clean the dust out of the air. Where woud I go the get this info?

Thanks for any help anyone can give, Steve

Advertisement

orsillac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 10:51 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,008

wiring blower for dust control

Is there a connection diagram on the blower motor? Yes, the white is neutral and the other two are low and high as you describe. Do not connect the LO & HI together. Hook them up separately. White with Hi or White with LO. I cannot see the motor or any information on it. Make sure you check before you connect anything. Also put a wire nut on the remaining lead.

Advertisement

J. V. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blower wiring , dust control