DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Whip through cabinet

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  gregzoll 
#1 ·
I am installed a recessed light above the kitchen sink and it is OK in install a whip cable through the cabinets? I need to cut through the kitchen cabinets (5" or so) to get from the hollow space above the sink to the wall to get to the the switch? Is that any type of hazard? I would think not since the power swith for the dishwasher is under the sink cabinet.

Thanks,

#2 ·
What do you mean by whip? Are you talking about Romex ran through the cabinets? I would just drop the "Switch Leg" down the wall from the attic. Hot feed would go to the light, then Romex would go to the switch box to turn off and on the light. If still wanting to go through the cabinets, use Armored cable, not Romex.

#6 ·
Hopefully you have union work doing the electrical, and accidentally dropping some cash filled envelopes. My BIL lives in Lake County, and found out the hard way, how bad contractors are up that way, because his basement still leaks like a sieve, even though the hacks that did the foundation and concrete work, still can't get it right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.