Where To Put The ECG On A Light Fixture Socket That Does Not Have A Ground Terminal. - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 08-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Where to put the ECG on a light fixture socket that does not have a ground terminal.

Hello,

I have started a new hobby of refurbishing antique light fixtures. I am currently working with a three-wire, cloth-covered pendant wire (black, white, green), but the new socket (a vintage replica) does not have a place to connect the ECG - at least not one I can identify. So, I need to know where to put the ECG on the socket itself.

I'm trying to get a picture added of the socket in hopes someone can explain where I should put the ECG, but am getting an error message, but I'll keep trying - Got it (file sizes...).

Thank you,
Kim
Attached Thumbnails
Where to put the ECG on a light fixture socket that does not have a ground terminal.-20120826_173141.jpg   Where to put the ECG on a light fixture socket that does not have a ground terminal.-20120826_173124.jpg  

Advertisement

Last edited by Kim H; 08-26-2012 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Added Picture
Kim H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 12:12 PM   #2

Rewards Points: 3,546

Where to put the ECG on a light fixture socket that does not have a ground terminal.

You don't use it or you connect it to the metal frame of the fixture. It does not connect to the socket.

Advertisement

Kim H (08-28-2012)
Old 08-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #3

Rewards Points: 10

Thank you, I appreciate it.

Kim
Kim H is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cloth cord , ground wire , light fixture , no-ground socket , refurbish