DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   Where can I find "terminal blocks"? (

j1mw3b 02-10-2008 06:00 PM

Where can I find "terminal blocks"?
I want to add a subpanel and move several of my breakers from my existing FPE main panel to the new subpanel.
This would be a simpler alternative to totally replacing the current main panel.

Rather than wire-nutting the reconnections in the main panel (some of the wires are quite large), I would like to use what I refer to as a "terminal block".
I already wire-nutted several connections when I added a generator xfer switch and it makes for a messy installation.
I think Cutler-Hammer includes a terminal blcok item in their so-called "renovation" panel - used for extending short wires to a new panel

I have been unable to find such a beast.
Anyone know where t get them?



jerryh3 02-10-2008 06:17 PM

Are these what you are looking for?
I was at Lowe's today and they had them.

nap 02-10-2008 07:12 PM

many home supply stores

most electrical supply houses



j1mw3b 02-10-2008 08:08 PM

terminal strips!!
I been searching all over web for terminal BLOCKS, not terminal STRIPS!

Now with STRIPS, I find them. I'll look again at Lowes. Looked before there and HD and never saw them - at least not in electrical section.
Will also try local Graingers.



Stubbie 02-10-2008 11:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Jim are you talking about the terminal block in the upper left corner of this CH renovation panel.....

j1mw3b 02-11-2008 08:53 AM

terminal block in c-h retrofit
Yes, that's it exactly.'



Stubbie 02-11-2008 10:35 AM

That's what I thought. This is a very unique set-up in that it is a double stacked terminal bar insulated from the metal can of the breaker panel. The only way your going to get something like that is to order it from cutler hammer (eaton) as a replacement part. An electrical supply would possibly be able to order it for you. I've never seen this done to extend branch circuits to another panel. I do think though that an inspector possibly will accept it but I would run it by him before I attempted to do this. He likely is going to want it mounted to the enclosure much in the same manner that the neutral bar is mounted in the main panel that is existing. I'm just not real sure on this one cause I have never seen it done this way.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:10 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1