DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

What trim will fit Elite recessed housing?

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  conradA 
#1 ·
An electrician installed a 5" recessed incandescent lighting housing in my shower (which is still undergoing renovation). He chose a housing without asking me anything (and I knew nothing about recessed lighting). Now I need to choose a trim, but I can't find anything that will fit it. The inside of the can sais "Elite lighting", catalog #B5IC-AT-W, and it even lists 9 Elite trim#s that it says I should get. On the Elite web site I can find specs of this model and listings of applicable trims, but the site has no way of ordering anything (are they only a wholesaler?), and the site has many broken links, which worries me. I can't find *any* online place that sells Elite trims!

Will other brands of trims fit this housing? And if so, I see some trims listed as rated for "damp", and others rated for "wet" -- can I get one that is only for "damp"? The light is in the middle of the shower ceiling.

Thanks for any help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.