What Is This Thing Called? - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical


Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2012, 01:45 PM   #1
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 25
Rewards Points: 10

What is this thing called?

I am drywalling in my basement & had to move the phone & internet wiring. This junction box thing looks old as the hills so I thought I would replace/upgrade it, but am not sure what it is called?

My whole basement was rewired & they ran dual outlets to each bedroom, with a cat5 cable & a phone cable to each combined outlet. But the wires are just left hanging at the junction point. So I am going to need something so I can wire up 6 additional dual outlet boxes.


Last edited by sharp21; 11-05-2012 at 01:48 PM.
sharp21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What's the worst thing you've found after midnight? Leah Frances Off Topic 34 01-04-2015 12:43 AM
What is this called? (Photo attached) JoeyJoeJo Building & Construction 14 05-18-2011 03:20 PM
Help! I don't know what it's called! jiggypoo Carpentry 4 10-18-2010 11:47 AM
What is this called? depriate4repair Building & Construction 1 03-22-2007 10:11 AM
L-shaped nail hanger thing allelopath General DIY Discussions 6 10-30-2006 07:42 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts