DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   What kind of spot light should I go for? (

handbanana 07-28-2007 09:04 AM

What kind of spot light should I go for?
There's isnt much depth for a starndard spotlight, so any recommendation for a lighting for this roof?

Shot at 2007-07-28

Darylh 07-28-2007 12:11 PM

I think we need a little more info. What exactly are you up to here

handbanana 07-28-2007 07:09 PM

I want to install a spotlight inplace of that yellow circle. But what options do I have since I only have 4" of depth. I also will be installing boards after I insulate the attic and that will give me another 1 inch or so.
Shot at 2007-07-28

Darylh 07-29-2007 10:14 AM

There are all kinds of spot lights from reccess lighting to track lighing with spot lights. Just take a little trip down to your local big box store, you will be amazed as to what you can find.

troubleseeker 07-29-2007 07:48 PM

Not sure what you mean by "spot light" Do you mean a recessed can down light, or something more of a traditional spot light type fixture, meaning something that looks like a light on the outside of a house. If you do mean a surface mounted spot light type , there are plenty of both single and double light fixtures available for interior applications. You could also do a track as suggested and direct multiple fixtures from it. I don't care for the traditional, bulky track lighting stuff, but there is some really neat looking things for both fixed shape and flexible bar decorative, high intensity lighting. Lowes has a decent little collection for you to get a look at what I mean.

If you want a traditional recessed can, it will have to be a 3 or 4 inch unit because of the depth limitations, and you will have to be sure to keep the insulation away from it,since I don't think your depth will allow you to use an IC type fixture. Once again , look at some of the small cans designed for high intensity bulbs, as the trims alow the bulb to rotate inside the unit, instead of sticking out like the traditional eye ball trims. They do make angled recess cans for applications on sloped ceilings, but it doesn't appear you have enoguh room for them.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:33 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1