DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   What kind of plug is this? (

unixb0y 10-11-2008 10:25 PM

What kind of plug is this?
1 Attachment(s)
House was built in 1945

I found this:
Attachment 5406
The camera is kinda crooked.

I think it's a switched outlet.

InPhase277 10-11-2008 10:32 PM

Wow, you got yourself an ancient goodie there. I have only seen these types of outlets used to connect radio sets to a ground and antenna. You say it may be switched? Is it live? It doesn't fit any standard straight blade receptacle, even ones that would have been in use in 1945.

I would bet that it's a radio recept. One pole to ground, one pole to an aerial. Someone could have wired it hot though.

unixb0y 10-11-2008 10:46 PM

It looks like the writing says "acra".

I think it's switched since there is a switch on the other side of the wall and so far, I don't know what it "switches".

I will have to dig out the multimeter and some wire to test it.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.