DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   What kind of cable is this? (

Sith717 03-10-2012 12:48 PM

What kind of cable is this?
Hey guys, I am looking to find out what kind of cable this is.

Some details

It looks to me like some kind of.

3 Conductor surface shielded Cable

The outside is a black shield

It has 3 wires: red, gold green that were twisted together and have some kind of coating on them, not rubber but a color coating on them.

Its a verrrrrrry thin cable and the wires are individually twisted with about 8 strands and then the 3 twisted and then the outside.

Anyone have by any chance of this laying around or know what this kind is?

rrolleston 03-10-2012 01:04 PM

Looks like some sort of audio cable.

Sith717 03-10-2012 01:08 PM

I know that, but the type an official name for it? A place to buy it... Anything?

Jackofall1 03-10-2012 01:56 PM

Belden cable 3 conductor sheilded, see attached catalog. conductor sheilded&r=0

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:15 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1