DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   What is this for??? (

Cyndi 06-11-2008 12:14 PM

What is this for???
Can someone tell me why there are two wires coming from a double pole breaker and then terminating onto the panel at the bottom below the lowest breaker. Why would this be done?? Thanks.

wirenut1110 06-11-2008 01:29 PM

This is called a split-buss panel. That breaker is feeding the buss(where the breakers plug in) on the lower half of the panel. It's usual a 60 amp breaker

Cyndi 06-11-2008 01:39 PM

Thanks for the info. Cyndi

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1