I am attempting to fix a porch light that recently stopped working. I have checked for current at the switch with a tester and at the porch light and no current is running through the wiring at all. I have come to the conclusion that the problem lies between the wall switch and fuse box. This is an old historic home that was built around 1920 and therefore has the old two strand wiring with ceramic spools. Years ago the previous owner had a modern breaker box installed in the home.Although the breaker box is not properly labeled, I have checked all of the breakers and they are "on". Any suggestions on where to start. Thanks
So, there is still Knob & Tube wiring in the home. Have a reputable Electrician come in to inspect the wiring, due to if not messed with, will last a life time, otherwise, age can cause it to be a nice Fire Starter.
Check the basement for a junction box that might have been added to the circuit in years gone by. Hopefully there's not one hidden behind a wall or ceiling. If you do find it, check the connections...carefully