DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   Voltage tester (

Jed54 07-02-2012 04:36 PM

Voltage tester
I found a Dayton voltage tester that has a function to check for "R/C Leakage" Meter goes from 115v to 550v. Have no idea on what this is.. Thanks

curiousB 07-02-2012 04:38 PM

and your question is?

Jed54 07-02-2012 05:13 PM

OK......... what is r/c leakage?

jbfan 07-02-2012 05:31 PM

Pics or model #?

Oso954 07-03-2012 02:57 AM


Originally Posted by Jed54 (Post 956331)
OK......... what is r/c leakage?

An r/c circuit is a resistor/capacitor circuit. The leakage is the voltage leakage of the circuit (primarily from the capacitors).

Depending on the age of this tester, it maybe an old tube era capacitor analyzer. They were real important for fixing radios, TV's, phonographs, etc.

There is a company called Dayton Audio that may be the maker of your instrument.

PaliBob 07-03-2012 04:59 AM

Jed, Caution on that R/C Leakage test. Some old time tester generated very High Voltages to measure leakage.
Please include a pic and/or model info. Some of these old testers are highly valued by collectors.

denton82 10-30-2012 01:04 AM

R/C leakage
Try using the latest tester. I'm sure you are using the old one that's why you get this 115V-550V.

small volume pcb assembly

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:46 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.