I have been having a 220 deep well situation for several weeks where my overload was tripping. It would trip sometimes every day. I went through all of the things Franklin told me to do as far as checking the pump via amperage readings and seeing if there was a ground. I had no problems. The Franklin people said to have my voltage checked at the pole and going to my well, so I called the Electric company and they set up 2 readers to see what they could find.
The day before they came my tenant said that they could not get a 220 heater to turn off in the basement apartment. I tried several things but it was really hot when I turned it to low. It is a base board unit about 2 years old from Home Depot. After looking at it I noticed that the curtain string which had small plastic pulls at the end had been melted and I then saw some plastic on top of the heater where they hung. I turned off the breaker.
Ever since I turned off the heater my well pump has not tripped the overload.
Is it possible that the 220 heater was drawing so much current or voltage that my well pump did not have enough and it tripped the overload?
I will bring in the heater to home depot but is this possible?