DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

UVerse - Wire New Phone Line

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  operagost 
#1 ·
We just moved into a new house. The previous owners had coax for their UVerse installation. At the house we came from we had the phone jack installation - so ATT sent us another phone jack 2-wire modem for the tech to install. However, when he came out, he realized that he would have to rewire the setup to use phone jack instead of coax since we didn't have the coax modem. I don't know why, but he only wired up one phone jack in the kitchen. Unfortunately, my wife doesn't want the modem on the kitchen counter. I haven't looked to hard yet, and I'm not an expert by any means.

Is it hard / possible to wire up another jack with UVerse service on your own? If so, can anyone provide any guidance?

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

#2 ·
I'm confused as to why AT&T seems to run VDSL over coax, but you seem to have ended up with a more conventional DSL setup over twisted pair. That would indicate to me that you could run a standard telephone jack back to the demarcation point. If AT&T doesn't put a NID (network interface device) on your house, or doesn't have customer access, you could jump off of the existing jack. If you already have phone jacks installed, you could simply hook into that "legacy" network-- heck, that kitchen jack may actually already be hooked up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.