DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

under cabinet lights

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  brric 
#1 ·
hey all.
I'm wiring my kitchen. I have a 15a circuit for lights and under cabinet lights.
On the under cabinet lights, I'm thinking of having a light under four separate cabinets.
The only under lights I have seen are some at Lowe's. They have a line coming out of the wall, going along the bottom of the cabinet and into each light. The light fixture has a switch on it.

I had imagined the lights operating off a couple of switches (L kitchen, two on each wall, one circuit, each switch operates a wall)

Are there under lights that work this way, and if so, do I run wire out of the wall and back in to go from one under light to the next or what? I don't want a bunch of wiring showing on the bottom of the cabinet.
I'll be putting the walls in soon and this is the only wiring I have left to do. I don't want to put up the wall and then realize I didn't wire correctly.
Right now I just have the one wire going to a junction box above the wall and I haven't done anything else?

Answers or suggestions?

Thanks.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.