Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-17-2011, 07:38 PM   #1

Share |

Under Cabinet Light Splicing

I have a wall in my basement that a set of cabinets has been installed. When the electrician ran the switched circuit for the under cabinet lights, he put the box on the back side of that wall since it is easily accessible inside the furnace room (no drywall on that side). I bought some linkable undercabinet lights and had a couple questions. 1. The lights are 18" GE LED linkable light fixtures with a plug on the end and can be linked. I believe I can change this to a direct wire via the GE Direct Wire Junction Box (SKU 24772) correct? 2. I will run the nm wire through a hole in the drywall above the cabinets and run that into the junction box mentioned above that will be mounted on top of the cabinet. The other end of the nm wire will run into the box that the electrician left. The reason I am going with this is because I did not think I could run the plug in wire itself through the drywall. 3. There are three cabinets with the ends being lower then the middle. I need lights on the end cabinets only. However, the linking cable is not long enough to reach through the middle cabinet. Can I cut that linking cable and splice in some lamp wire that is the same gauge so that it will be long enough to reach?

Yankee1423 is offline   Reply With Quote