Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 07-24-2011, 12:33 PM   #1

Share |

Throwing breakers

I've got a fith wheel travel trailer. It runs 110v at 30 or 50 amp. 50amp actually has 2 hot lines, but 1 of them is for the second air conditoner only, if you have one and I don't. My problem is I keep blowing the air conditioner circuit. Also when it goes the one just below it goes too. It would seem that somebody routed most everything through 1 breaker. I know the air, microwave, coffee maker and light/ceiling fan are all on 1 circuit. Why would a 110 airconditoner blow 2 breakers? Also, plugging into 50amp usually stops this issue. Why? It's only a 110 air conditioner and there is no second air conditioner and I'm not blowing the breaker out on the pole it's on the inside. I think I'll go in and try to break things up a bit but can I have a bad breaker? Would that make it blow all of the time or is it a when it goes it goes kind of thing?

MMeyerssr is offline   Reply With Quote