Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 02-07-2011, 08:36 AM   #1
I=E/R

Rewards Points: 0
Share |

Thanks to all who chipped in!

We started building a new house last August as some may remember from other postings. I'm certainly not an electrician but many years ago I did work for several month as a helper in my home town. What this did is introduce me to the NEC so I know it existed and had to be followed. I've worked in the electronics field since my early days in the Navy and also for 26 years with IBM as a senior field technician. Aircraft power was three phase and all the large data processing equipment was three phase.
When we planned the house, I told the builder I would do the interior finishing and the electrical work. I read up on the code requirements and even posted a few questions on this board. The power company set a new dual pedestal meter which is where I started. My temp power was fine which included an RV panel for our temporary living and re-routing the feed to the detached garage which provide construction power. The RI went fine and the the final went fine with one exception. My furnace has a condensate pump so I installed a single switch and outlet in a handy box. I forgot about the GFI requirement because this receptacle, and furnace, is in the crawl space. He told me to fix it sometime and then placed the yellow sticker on my panel One of his comments were, "I don't find many homeowners who know the code"
Thanks everyone, we have started to move in

a7ecorsair is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to a7ecorsair For This Useful Post:
oh'mike (02-07-2011)