DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   Terms: (

sirsparksalot 05-06-2011 12:15 AM

Would someone be so kind as to define the following terms for me?

Service Entrance (Where does it start?)
Service Drop

I know it's a lot, but I'd be most grateful.


Saturday Cowboy 05-06-2011 12:23 AM

NEC article 100

sirsparksalot 05-06-2011 12:27 AM

That's right, make me do the work! :thumbsup:

sirsparksalot 05-06-2011 12:37 AM

OKAY, NEC doesn't describe the following (my definition included):
  • Mast (conduit rising from the meter socket to the weatherhead/servicehead)
  • Riser (same as Mast)
  • Servicehead (a.k.a. service cap; the thingy at the top w/ the three holes for the SE conductors to come out and tie into the Drop)
  • Weatherhead (same as servicehead)
I actually found the others :thumbup:

Saturday Cowboy 05-06-2011 12:41 AM

get it straigh from the horse mouth.

You got it pretty much

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:17 AM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.