DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (http://www.diychatroom.com/)
-   Electrical (http://www.diychatroom.com/f18/)
-   -   Subpanel Feed (http://www.diychatroom.com/f18/subpanel-feed-153907/)

ryan50hrl 08-16-2012 04:01 PM

Subpanel Feed
 
Hey guys.....running to get cable.....6/3 NM is good for my 60 amp subpanel right? All in the house, just 20 feet away from the main panel.

Thanks

andrew79 08-16-2012 04:02 PM

Yes it is

ryan50hrl 08-16-2012 04:07 PM

Thanks........bound and determined to get this finished this weekend......I want my shop back...

ryan50hrl 08-16-2012 04:21 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok, so as you can see my main panels kind of full. Is it okay to bring my subpanel feed in through the bottom left corner and then just staple it up the plywood next of the box

jbfan 08-16-2012 05:04 PM

How are you going to power your subpanel with a full panel now?

ryan50hrl 08-16-2012 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jbfan (Post 990464)
How are you going to power your subpanel with a full panel now?

two circuits are moving to my subpanel.....

Stubbie 08-16-2012 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan50hrl (Post 990428)
Hey guys.....running to get cable.....6/3 NM is good for my 60 amp subpanel right? All in the house, just 20 feet away from the main panel.

Thanks

6/3 with ground is ok ....:) It's good for 55 amps but you can use a 60 amp breaker since there is no standard 55 amp breaker.

ryan50hrl 08-16-2012 09:37 PM

K, how about running the cable through the side?

Missouri Bound 08-16-2012 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan50hrl (Post 990465)
two circuits are moving to my subpanel.....

How are you getting them there?:whistling2:

Stubbie 08-16-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryan50hrl (Post 990637)
K, how about running the cable through the side?

That's fine as long as you don't put a real sharp bend in it. Looks like you have the clearance necessary to come in from the side.

ryan50hrl 08-16-2012 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missouri Bound

How are you getting them there?:whistling2:

Just running new furnace and waterheater circuits, why do you ask??

Missouri Bound 08-16-2012 10:09 PM

Since you weren't running the wire in conduit I was wondering how you were doing it.:whistling2:

ryan50hrl 08-16-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missouri Bound
Since you weren't running the wire in conduit I was wondering how you were doing it.:whistling2:

Nope......just running new nm from the sub to the waterheater and furnace nothing except the dryer and washer are run in conduit.....

andrew79 08-16-2012 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Missouri Bound
Since you weren't running the wire in conduit I was wondering how you were doing it.:whistling2:

Why would he have to use conduit unless he's in Ill. Unless there's other areas that require it in the states as well. I don't get where your going with this either lol. 6/3 to subpanel and new circuits to replace the circuits he's taking out to make room for the sub feed. Seems ok to me.

ryan50hrl 08-16-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andrew79

Why would he have to use conduit unless he's in Ill. Unless there's other areas that require it in the states as well. I don't get where your going with this either lol. 6/3 to subpanel and new circuits to replace the circuits he's taking out to make room for the sub feed. Seems ok to me.


Am i missing something???


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:08 PM.


Copyright 2003-2014 Escalate Media LP. All Rights Reserved