Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 09-26-2007, 04:00 PM   #1

Share |

Stubbie

Dear Stubbie,

I have read many of your problem solving skills, and I am quite impressed. The time you spend helping the "do it yourselvers" is invaluble

I also spent most of my career in industrial situations. It looks as if you have too (Ford). I also worked construction for about 10 years. I am disabled now and just started participating in these forums for something to do.

I would like to invite you to another forum just for professionals like yourself.
www.mikeholt.com

Come on in and join us. It has really helped me with the NEC. I have a masters and a contractors license, but I still learn alot over there. Look forward to seeing you, and thanks for all you do here.

I am aware of the other pros in this forum and I also want to thank them.

Best Regards
John Valdes

J. V. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 05:44 PM   #2
Electrician philosopher

Stubbie

Come on over!!!!

Andy in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 08:16 PM   #3
UAW SKILLED TRADES

Stubbie

Believe me I am well aware of the mike holt forum. No debate it has the best professionals of any forum. I am registered there. I don't do a lot of posting but it is an incredible place to learn many areas of the electrical industry.
Thanks for the kind words and invitation..... I enjoy helping the homeowners and others that have problems on the DIY sites. And for a while that is where I will spend most of my time.
As for Ford....yes I spent 33 years at Ford and retired with some 13,000 of my union skilled tradesmen/women along with another 20,000 other hourly workers when the company down-sized its workforce. 15 of those 33 years were as a skilled tradesman. I was an assembly plant general maintenance man and trained under some great master electricans during my time in the apprentice/journeyman program. I still work for a electrical contractor but in about two months I'm going out too pasture for good. My new skill will be fishing and watching my daughter go into a young lady....gotta get her through college first...

Stubbie

Last edited by Stubbie; 09-27-2007 at 02:47 AM.
Stubbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 09:37 PM   #4
Licensed Electrical Cont.

Stubbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbie View Post
As for Ford....yes I spent 33 years at Ford.....
Hell NO!

I have known you on these forums for several years now Stub. There is NO WAY I'd have put you in that age bracket.

And I say this as a sincere compliment.
Old 09-26-2007, 10:26 PM   #5
UAW SKILLED TRADES

Stubbie

Thanks Speedy ... by the way the same respect back to you. Yep I'm in that age bracket.....that is to say I'm over 55 but less than 100.....

Your pretty freakin sharp yourself btw and I've picked up my share of "things learned" from your posts on the forums. Several of these "lessons" I have high lighted in my notes and code books. Never too old to learn from others.

One thing I want someday before I move on is to catch myself a MUSKIE!!

Never caught one and that is something I'm headed after this October to get me a MUSKIE.

One like this would be just fine......

Stubbie
Old 09-27-2007, 12:12 AM   #6
" Euro " electrician

Stubbie

Stubbie if ya happend to get in eastern wisconsin area you should stop at the Lake Winnebago they have mixed bag of Muskie and Sturgron in the lake and they are pretty huge what i heard.

Merci, Marc
frenchelectrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2007, 12:23 AM   #7
UAW SKILLED TRADES

Stubbie

I'll certainly do that, it actually was one of the places I was looking at as I have been to OSHKOSH for the airshows. A hobby of mine is single engine fixed wing flying..... and a bit of rotary wing (small helicopters) when I get the chance.

We decided on going up to the Canadian border and the Rainy lake area.

Stubbie