Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 09:47 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,543
Share |
Default

Sqaure d cover QOC40US Ser. s01 sticker?


The sticker on both of my 200 amp qo load centers are messed up with pen, since circuits have changed, people used pen and re labeled. I would like to redo the wiring inside the panel a little to make it cleaner, and would like to mark some circuits (about half are not labeled on one panel). Are there any sticker replacements or cover replacements, I can't find any. Any alternatives to a whole cover, sounds expensive?

rgsgww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #2
DIYer
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Virginia
Posts: 910
Default

Sqaure d cover QOC40US Ser. s01 sticker?


You could use a little Dymo type label printer and print strips of paper to cover the old labels.

http://global.dymo.com/enUS/Categori...el_Makers.html

Gigs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 09:50 PM   #3
My License Ain't 4 Sale..
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Atlanta, Ga/Hamilton, Al
Posts: 1,813
Default

Sqaure d cover QOC40US Ser. s01 sticker?


Quote:
Originally Posted by rgsgww View Post
The sticker on both of my 200 amp qo load centers are messed up with pen, since circuits have changed, people used pen and re labeled. I would like to redo the wiring inside the panel a little to make it cleaner, and would like to mark some circuits (about half are not labeled on one panel). Are there any sticker replacements or cover replacements, I can't find any. Any alternatives to a whole cover, sounds expensive?
Go Office Depot and pick up some sheets of printable label paper. Print up your own and stick them over the old stuff.
InPhase277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:10 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,543
Default

Sqaure d cover QOC40US Ser. s01 sticker?


Quote:
Originally Posted by InPhase277 View Post
Go Office Depot and pick up some sheets of printable label paper. Print up your own and stick them over the old stuff.

Good Idea, going to get some at staples. Now to be safe, I should cover only the circuit labels, not the warnings, information, right? Or does it matter?
rgsgww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #5
My License Ain't 4 Sale..
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Atlanta, Ga/Hamilton, Al
Posts: 1,813
Default

Sqaure d cover QOC40US Ser. s01 sticker?


Quote:
Originally Posted by rgsgww View Post
Good Idea, going to get some at staples. Now to be safe, I should cover only the circuit labels, not the warnings, information, right? Or does it matter?
I'd leave the panel information uncovered, if possible. Or maybe print up a sheet detailing that too.
InPhase277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 11:53 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,543
Default

Sqaure d cover QOC40US Ser. s01 sticker?


Quote:
Originally Posted by InPhase277 View Post
I'd leave the panel information uncovered, if possible. Or maybe print up a sheet detailing that too.

Its kind of alot of stuff to cover, Ill just measure up and try to print the circuits only.

The panel is a mess, they left out 4 screws, only two keeping the cover on because the spaghetti of wires pushes out the cover. I'm planning on labeling new circuits and cleaning it up. They then used romex connectors for bx without any bushings.


"They" are a bunch of licensed electricians. What crappy work they did...The worst so far was what I found (and fixed) in my crawlspace, I hate it in those! I might crawl up into my attic and take some pics of the "pro" work...

rgsgww is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sunset Basic Home Wiring cover is wrong? CareBear Electrical 3 09-03-2009 10:31 AM
Central Air Outside Unit Cover czars HVAC 2 01-07-2009 10:23 PM
Fascia cover filled with water/ice causing leaks brianbh Roofing/Siding 10 02-11-2008 07:34 PM
Cover for Whole House Fan ntfspark General DIY Discussions 4 11-18-2007 12:57 AM
Patio cover Jackhammer Building & Construction 3 07-10-2007 03:49 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.