Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical


Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-01-2011, 10:12 AM   #16
Licensed electrician
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Maryland
Posts: 7,695
Rewards Points: 2,188

Splice behind wall?

Knob and tube is still in the NEC and can still be used under certain circumstances.

Answers based on the National Electrical Code. Local amendments may apply. Check with your local building officials.
Jim Port is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 05:07 PM   #17
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: south carolina
Posts: 9
Rewards Points: 10

Splice behind wall?

check code reference, 330.24(b) refers to metal-clad cable bending radius.I think you were refering to 334.40(b) and this not for splices, but, typically used in mobile homes, rv's and maybe modular homes.

Last edited by whatsup; 10-01-2011 at 05:32 PM. Reason: add information
whatsup is offline   Reply With Quote

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Avoiding load on inner, exterior wall jklingel Building & Construction 2 06-04-2011 01:35 PM
Removing a wall with no ceiling joist above it i77ac_10 Building & Construction 2 01-05-2011 12:30 PM
Advice on retaining wall replacement (pics inside) eastie Building & Construction 0 04-05-2010 10:32 AM
Atlantic-need your opinion on markd's comments about my vapor barrier? yummy mummy Building & Construction 11 03-07-2007 09:47 AM
Load Bearing Wall? Traybae Building & Construction 1 11-05-2006 01:01 PM

Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.