Spark from electric outlet after power outage
We just had a power outage here for about 3.5 hours. Everything was on when the power went off... however when it came back up everything was ok.. except 2 outlets. When I plugged the surge protectors back in (one is for the tv/ps3/sat receiver) and (one is for the computer and router) both outlets sparked. One outlet is in the back office and one is in the living room they are on different circuits.
Almost like static electricity. I've been keeping an eye on them, the walls are not hot and there is no smell or smoke.
The one that has the computer router on it has two surge protector strips plugged in to it, and the first one did not spark only the second one. Then on the other outlet in the living room with tv, it did the same thing. I am worried there will be or is a fire. As I said the outlet is not hot and the breaker did not trip.
The house is 4 years old.
Christmas tree is on and is fine... ect
Anyone know what could have caused it?