DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum (
-   Electrical (
-   -   Something to hold 2 hoses together? (

konsole 05-13-2011 12:17 PM

Something to hold 2 hoses together?
I'm trying to figure out the best way to hold 2 hoses together, They both contain several wires but it doesnt matter what they hold. The 2 hoses are in my cars engine bay and there are already clamps that hold other hoses together but I need to hold hoses together elsewhere in the engine bay, and I've searched around for OEM replacement clamps and couldnt find them. This is what the clamps look like.....

As you can see one hose goes through each "C" and the middle can swivel to hold 2 hoses that are going in different directions. Both hoses arent supporting that much weight and are only about 3/4" in diameter. I could use either the basic one on the left or the one on the right that actually latches closed on one or both sides. I think the one on the right is more preferred since it securely closes and I wouldnt have to find the perfect size clamp. I could use zip ties which will probably be fine but I want something thats wider and can be adjusted and moved around if necessary, like the clamp in the picture. One other thing I was thinking of was something like a long strip of lead or other strong flexible material that can simple wrap around the 2 hoses.

Can anyone tell me the specific name of the clamp(s) in the picture? or have any other ideas for holding 2 electrical hoses together?

DexterII 05-13-2011 12:49 PM

Check you local auto parts store; cable ties should work, but they will also have a rack of miscellaneous fasteners, etc., which may have something more specific.

epson 05-13-2011 07:21 PM

those are called hose clamps. Auto parts would have them or you can go to your garden center and get these

fabrk8r 05-13-2011 07:36 PM

The "electric hose" you refer to is actually called "split loom" and there are all kinds of clamps and holders made for this purpose in a wide range of sizes and colors.

That being said, my favorite clamp for plastic split loom is a good old zip tie or a little electrical tape.

konsole 05-13-2011 08:39 PM


Originally Posted by epson (Post 647335)
those are called hose clamps. Auto parts would have them or you can go to your garden center and get these

The clamps in my picture are not regular hose clamps like you posted, I know what hose clamps are. The ones I'm talking about are plastic. Kind of like 2 hose clamps joined together by a pivoting arm so 2 hoses that are going in different directions can be clamped together. Hose clamps are good for clamping one round tube/hose onto another round tube/hose, but not for clamping two of them side by side. BTW the two "hoses" arent really hoses, one is just colored wires wrapped in black fabric tape and the other is just a large wire with nothing but its regular colored rubber casing wrapped around it. I only said they were both hoses so I could get an idea with whats out there since whatever works on 2 hoses would work in my application as well. So anything that clamps down similarly to a hose clamp but is two hose clamps connected by a pivoting arm is what I'm looking for.

epson 05-13-2011 09:03 PM

Then go to your nearest auto parts distributor show him the clams and hopefully he can find them for you.

Jim Port 05-13-2011 09:38 PM

How about two of these?

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:00 PM.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1