DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

solar panels

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Billy_Bob 
#1 ·
We have read the book and seen the videos but i want to know how many solar panels i need so it can work for o1 refregiator 1 microwave 1 dyer machine and 5 computers and i want to know how many recycled batteries i need to use for this if any body can please help me you can contact me by this or call my phone number which is 631-210-4826 thank you.

#2 · (Edited)
I don't think you get the sense of scale with that question. I was quoted $28,000 for a solar PV system that wouldn't be close to handling what needs you listed and didn't include batteries.

The first step is to replace all your stuff with super efficient models as every $1 you reduce your electricity/month saves you like $3-$5 off the cost of a solar system. Then you better have some serious incentives as I see $$$... tens of thousands of $$$...

#4 · (Edited)
What's your avg. watt draw and
your peak watt draw?
http://www.wholesalesolar.com/pdf.folder/Download folder/Power-table.pdf
How many consecutive cloudy days do you get in your area[97.5 percentile value]?

Per sq. meter of photovoltaic cells you might get 0.5 kwh per 24 hr. day. The avg. house needs 24 kwh per 24 hrs so it'd need 48 sq. meters of cells.

You mean deep cycle batteries?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.