Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-25-2012, 12:58 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 75

smallest full spectrum light (battery powered?) challenge

Challenge for you folks... As I mentioned in a previous post, I am just entering the world of electronics by way of making boxes that I'd like to light from within. I had the thought of lighting a box with beveled or cut glass windows from within -creating rainbow effect that comes from within the box. Question is about how to make this happen realistically with a smallish box. I know I need full spectrum light for any sort of prism to actually create a rainbow effect, but I don't know what brightness of light, I don't know how small of a light it's possible to obtain and still be effective (brightness/volts/light type/size/powered by batteries vs. plug-in current... I'm having trouble locating such things online succesfully), I don't know if full spectrum LED is possible or if "full spectrum" and "LED" is really a misnomer...
Ideally I'd like to have a self-contained (i.e. battery powered) LED -sort of set-up that would be safe, that I could configure myself in creative ways according to whatever box I put it in so the batteries and bulbs themselves would not be visible to the viewer, and that could make use of AA or AAA batteries so rechargables would be an option (or at the very least, less toxic alkalines could be used over the more heavy-metal-laden button batteries).

Can anyone help me out or point me in a direction?

Thanks so much!!!

Missy

Missy Bloom is offline   Reply With Quote