Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #1
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4
Rewards Points: 10
Wink

A simple 2 light --1 switch question?


Hello,
I'm not getting the PICTURE! Here is my set up.

I have power to a the Switch.
From the switch, I have a wire to #1 light.
From the #1 light I have a std wire to the #2 light. nothing is conncted.

The hot wires coming from my power source to the SWitch: white is connect to the white in the sw box. that white then goes to the #1 light.


Now what?? anybody?

redondo11@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 03:29 PM   #2
Electrician
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Connecticut, Litchfield
Posts: 2,015
Rewards Points: 1,000
Default

A simple 2 light --1 switch question?


Quote:
Originally Posted by redondo11@msn.com View Post
Hello,
I'm not getting the PICTURE! Here is my set up.

I have power to a the Switch.
From the switch, I have a wire to #1 light.
From the #1 light I have a std wire to the #2 light. nothing is conncted.

The hot wires coming from my power source to the SWitch: white is connect to the white in the sw box. that white then goes to the #1 light.


Now what?? anybody?
Both the blacks go to the switch.

chris75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:24 PM   #3
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4
Rewards Points: 10
Default

A simple 2 light --1 switch question?


How about connecting the light #1 and #2?

I have 2 sets of std wires coming from the #1 light box and 1 set of wire coming out of the #2 light box?
redondo11@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #4
Electrician
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Connecticut, Litchfield
Posts: 2,015
Rewards Points: 1,000
Default

A simple 2 light --1 switch question?


Quote:
Originally Posted by redondo11@msn.com View Post
How about connecting the light #1 and #2?

I have 2 sets of std wires coming from the #1 light box and 1 set of wire coming out of the #2 light box?
I have no idea what your talking about, I'm not physic, where do all the wires go?

and thats not the same thing as your first post.
chris75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:41 PM   #5
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4
Rewards Points: 10
Default

A simple 2 light --1 switch question?


I'm sorry i confused you. The qt was refering to how I would join the wires at the #1 light fixture. At the #1 light I have 2 sets of wires and at the #2 light I have just 1 set.
redondo11@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 04:49 PM   #6
Electrician
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Connecticut, Litchfield
Posts: 2,015
Rewards Points: 1,000
Default

A simple 2 light --1 switch question?


Quote:
Originally Posted by redondo11@msn.com View Post
I'm sorry i confused you. The qt was refering to how I would join the wires at the #1 light fixture. At the #1 light I have 2 sets of wires and at the #2 light I have just 1 set.

Sorry, I understand now, blacks to blacks, whites to whites, grounds to grounds, if the box is metal that also needs to be bonded to the ground wire. Hope this solves it for ya.!
chris75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #7
Member
 
joed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Welland, Ontario
Posts: 7,842
Rewards Points: 2,478
Blog Entries: 4
Default

A simple 2 light --1 switch question?



Last edited by joed; 11-04-2008 at 06:51 PM.
joed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:35 AM   #8
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4
Rewards Points: 10
Default

A simple 2 light --1 switch question?


this is a great picture for my simple mind. Thankyou

redondo11@msn.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Installing New Light Switch (NOT REPLACING AN EXSISTING ONE) Light Out on Hillsboro Be Electrical 10 03-11-2012 08:27 PM
Wire hot with light switch turned off dangerouswithtools Electrical 3 06-17-2008 07:56 AM
Switch question gelert Electrical 1 12-22-2007 08:06 PM
Adding a light switch.... truebaca Electrical 6 07-18-2007 04:42 PM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.