Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 10-21-2009, 02:43 PM   #1

Share |

Siemens QSA 2020 surge protector.

I just installed the Siemens QSA 2020 surge breaker in my panel. Do I need to connect a load to this breaker in order for it to work? I have plenty of open space in my box and I didn't want to move a bunch of wires around so I just plugged it in and installed the neutral. Also, the instructions indicate the LED lights should shine red when installed properly. Mine shows green, which makes more sense.

Thanks for any help.

jodywoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:39 PM   #2
" Euro " electrician

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodywoj View Post
I just installed the Siemens QSA 2020 surge breaker in my panel. Do I need to connect a load to this breaker in order for it to work? I have plenty of open space in my box and I didn't want to move a bunch of wires around so I just plugged it in and installed the neutral. Also, the instructions indicate the LED lights should shine red when installed properly. Mine shows green, which makes more sense.

Thanks for any help.
The QSA which I done with them once a while and they are surge protection and plus what more those two circuit it allready have surge protection on load side so you got the best of the two ways to do this and once you add a circuit the light will become red so you know it is working the reason why you see green due you do not have any circuit is on that surge protection unit.

Merci.
Marc

frenchelectrican is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:47 PM   #3

Thanks Marc. Is it safe to leave without any load on the breakers?

P.S.Where in France? We are all exicited at our house because my daughter is participating in a French foreign exchange program. We host our guest in February and my daughter leaves in March
jodywoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:52 PM   #4
" Euro " electrician

Quote:
Yeah they will function anyway as long the breaker handle is on mode if you turn both off If I recall it right it do go out

Quote:
P.S.Where in France? We are all exicited at our house because my daughter is participating in a French foreign exchange program. We host our guest in February and my daughter leaves in March
I am in Paris France due this is my second home.

Merci.
Marc
Old 10-21-2009, 08:55 PM   #5

Exclamation

Quote:

My advice... Buy a French/English dictionary...!
spark plug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:07 PM   #6
" Euro " electrician

Quote:
Originally Posted by spark plug View Post
My advice... Buy a French/English dictionary...!
Sparkplug.,

If you know me I will never use the French/English dictionary at all due I know a bit more than what the dictionary will say.

To Op.,

Expect some cluture shock at moment and time zone diffrence.

there is alot of nice places you can able take a view and there is too many to list so check around.

As far for money go we go with Euros { } it used to be in Francs { F } they change that about 8 years ago
Merci.
Marc
Old 10-22-2009, 12:32 PM   #7

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchelectrican View Post
Sparkplug.,

If you know me I will never use the French/English dictionary at all due I know a bit more than what the dictionary will say.

To Op.,

Expect some cluture shock at moment and time zone diffrence.

there is alot of nice places you can able take a view and there is too many to list so check around.

As far for money go we go with Euros { € } it used to be in Francs { F } they change that about 8 years ago
Merci.
Marc
My advice (to buy a French/English Dictionary) wasn't addressed to you. It was addressed to the OP, who "complained" about not understanding la Langue Francaise. I have no doubt that you know more (about the practical application of Electricity) than most of us. Mais vous ne parlez pas l'Anglais 100%. Sullement 99.5%; Translation: "But you don't speak English 100%, only 99.5%"! Eliminate confusion Through Education;Don't Drink and Drive, Ever!!!

Last edited by spark plug; 10-22-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: Typographical error (Typo)
spark plug is offline   Reply With Quote