DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Shower light... what am I missing? Trim won't fit.

3K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Alan 
#1 ·
I've got a halo H71CT can light installed above my shower, and i've got a 172PS wet location trim for it. The trim goes on ok, but the bulb reccomended on the fixture won't reach the socket. I've tried loosening the wingnut and adjusting the plate as low as possible, but the bulb still won't reach. Is there something different i should be doing? Please help. Lost. :huh:

#2 ·
Look at this pdf file http://www.cooperlighting.com/specfiles/productinfopdf/BLR_300_Pg129.pdf

at the first one and you will see photo how the socket hold to the trim peice so here the quick run down how to do this.,

Take the wingnut off and slide the plate down complety and discharge it you will not need this for this useage.

Next step is you see the socket there is two clip just squezze it and it will pop out of the place then transfer to the shower trim lens housing just resquezze it and clip it in and take two spring and clip it back in the place and slide it up and ya all done with correct bulb.

BTW let you know that the shower trim you have they are limited to 60 watts.

Merci.
Marc

#3 ·
Wow that makes perfect sense without me even going back to look at the stupid thing. I think I am just too tired, been working 4 days at work then at home, then 3 day weekends non stop for 2 weeks now. I need a break. :whistling2::whistling2:

Thanks a lot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.