Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 05:10 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 104
Share |
Default

short circuit question


i was changing a switch and when i was using a neon tester between the metal box and the hot wire screw, the tester probe came in contact with the metal strip that goes around the switch(decor switch) and it popped and sparked a little, the wires look fine just some scorching and a burn mark on the switch, i put a new switch and it works fine. there should be no problems down the line from my little accident correct??

bryan1282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 05:14 PM   #2
Member
 
300zx's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 630
Post

short circuit question


Yes if the wires look fine and you put a new switch in there will be no problem

300zx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Circuit Panel Question erinuncool Electrical 18 10-07-2009 03:18 PM
Question about a circuit and wiring..... whowadat Electrical 5 01-14-2009 04:59 PM
another arc fault question.... steve1234 Electrical 16 06-12-2008 11:17 AM
Attic fan and skylights on same circuit ok? shadango Electrical 7 06-09-2008 02:50 PM
Wiring Design Considerations Question tjandt Electrical 6 09-26-2006 05:44 AM




Top of Page | View New Posts

Copyright © 2003-2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.