So in my basement shop there's this old fluorescent light that's been here probably since the house was built. It works like a champ I wasn't planning on taking it out, however I am wiring it over to my other light circuit, and now I'm seeing that it has cloth wrapped wire in it, should I just replace the whole fixture, or am i safe to use
It looks in good condition, cloth wiring just scares me apparently
Nothing wrong with it. Some did contain Asbestos. Helps to post the age of the fixture, due to all anyone knows is that the house was built twenty/thirty years ago, and the fixture was pulled out of a older structure and installed by the original builder.