Running Wires Outside - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 05-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Running wires outside

I need to run some wires outside (coax and electrical) and I have a few questions.

1. What kind of conduit should I use? I'm thinking PVC so it's weather resistant.
2. How should the conduit be attached to the house and how can I prevent air and water leakage?

Advertisement

JoeyJoeJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
IBEW Electrician

Rewards Points: 25

Running wires outside

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyJoeJo View Post
I need to run some wires outside (coax and electrical) and I have a few questions.

1. What kind of conduit should I use? I'm thinking PVC so it's weather resistant.
2. How should the conduit be attached to the house and how can I prevent air and water leakage?

going to need more info, do you have it going under ground anywhere? over head anywhere? first of all i can tell you youre not going to put coax in the conduit with electrical, but as far as raceway, and mounting give more details about the project, where is it going how high/low under over etc...

Advertisement

Scott3229 is offline   Reply With Quote