Running Wire To A Ceiling Speaker (in Vaulted Ceiling) - Electrical - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum

Go Back   DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum > Home Improvement > Electrical

CLICK HERE AND JOIN OUR COMMUNITY TODAY...IT'S FREE!

Old 01-09-2008, 10:27 AM   #1

Rewards Points: 10

Running wire to a Ceiling Speaker (in vaulted ceiling)

i've done plenty of wiring before, up from basement, down from attic, etc. but had a question before i start this project to see if anyone has any tips.

i have a room with vaulted ceilings. one side of the ceiling is attic accessable, the other is part of the exterior roof. obviously, wiring the one side is a snap, but i my problem lies with the other.

here's what i'm thinking of doing.

drilling a hole in the runner (the 1x6 that runs the length of the room at the summit of the ceiling) on a slight angle close to the bottom where i'll try and feed fiberglass rods under the insulation to the speaker hole i'll cut out.

any tips/pointers/suggestions? i assume the spacing of the 2x4 or whatever is used in the ceiling is identical...ie..parallel to the ones that i can see? so i can use the spacing on the exposed side to determine the spacing on the other?

any response is greatly appreciated. thanks!

Advertisement

rgmetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 11:27 AM   #2

Rewards Points: 2,008

Running wire to a Ceiling Speaker (in vaulted ceiling)

This would be considered an electronic signal wire run like cable for example, so you have no concern with electrical codes or standards. From my experience you are just going to have to try your method. A small hole in the ceiling member is okay and even better at the bottom. The members should align on both sides of the pitch. Good luck.

Advertisement

J. V. is offline   Reply With Quote