DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Running wire

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Cache 
#1 ·
I have a raised ranch. The front entrance is about 3.5 feet higher than the lower floor (lower floor is slab on grade), so I have stairs going down to the lower floor and stairs going up to the upper floor from the entrance. I am remodeling the lower floor. I need to run wire to the wall that makes up the side next to the stair. At the top of this wall is a double floor joist (for upper floor) right in line with this wall making it difficult to run thru the joists, thru the double joists (not sure if it could be done or that I want to since it is bearing) and then down in the wall. I would like to run the wire down a wall on the other side and under the stair (thru stair landing floor joists) to the wall I need to reach. Are they any issues, concerns, or code violations by doing this? Will the UL inspector be fine with this when I get the electrical inspected? See picture below for plan layout.

I live in New York State.

Thanks for your comments/opinions/answers in advance! :thumbsup:

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.