DIY Home Improvement Forum banner

Romex between paneling and masonry

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Atskodinski 
#1 ·
Have a finished basement where the paneling is connected to furring strips then right to masonry. They ran reg ol romex to outlets along wall. Is this ok or would armored cable/outdoor cable work better? I plan to extend circuit above drop down ceiling too. Can't offer any guarantees on any moisture issues behind paneling and I'm not about to rip it down to find out because then I'm having to refinish entire basement.

#3 ·
As long the wall is dry the standard romex cable can be used without issue.

A nice tip find a spot where you will not see where the damaged mark is and make a small hole near the bottom of the finshed basement wall and if you see any moistore or mold then you have issue but how wide it spread out that is a question but as long the basement is dry and clean I doubt it.

Merci.
Marc

Reactions: jamiedolan
#4 ·
As far as I can tell, the wall is dry. That being said, you never know what the future holds. As I understand it, Bx cable would need to be used in a dry location too, so if I'm really worried about moisture being a problem then I should use outdoor romex. Sound right? I guess I'm thinking about this more as a precautionary measure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.